You may go directly to My library record to renew checked-out items.
Overview of online renewals
Most items borrowed from the William H. Hannon Library can be renewed online. Any item that can be renewed in person, can be renewed online. If you have any problems or questions about online renewal, please contact the Circulation Desk at (310) 338-5709 for books, or the Media & Reserve Services Desk at (310) 338-3094 for media or reserve items.
Instructions for online renewal
1. To renew your library items, go to My library record (from the Hannon Library website, you can find this option from the Quick Links menu).
2. You will be prompted to enter your name and the library number from the back of your OneCard, just above the barcode.
3. You will be able to see the list of items you have checked out, or recalled.
4. You can Renew all or Renew selected items.
5. If you could not renew online:
Type of borrower
# of renewals
2 per item
1 per item
Staff (administrative & professional)
Staff (office & technical)
Guidelines for online renewals
Renew your books several days before they are due, in case any of them cannot be renewed.
Always check your library record after performing a remote renewal. Make sure that all of the books you tried to renew were properly renewed! You can check your record online at My library record , or call or stop by Circulation.
Always print a copy of your renewed books or record the new due date for each book on the date due slip, or self-check receipt.
If for any reason a book cannot be renewed remotely, please bring it back on or before its due date.
If remote renewal services are unavailable, try again later or bring the books to the Circulation Desk (or Media/Reserves Desk) to renew them in person (this is one reason it is important to renew in advance of the due date…)
© 2012 Loyola Marymount University