Collection 003 Reverend Harold F. Ryan, S.J., Catholic Authors Collection
The collection consists of one box of folders, listed here by folder number. Rev. Harold F. Ryan collected biographical information on various Catholic authors. With the exception of the first folder (containing information about Rev. Ryan), this collection is organized alphabetically by the names of the Catholic authors.
1. Ryan, Harold F., 1908-1979BiographyLetter to Shane Leslie, Oct. 5, 1934
2. Allers, Rudolf, 1883-1963BiographyLetter to Father Ryan from Vienna, Nov. 14, 1934
3. Belloc, Hilaire, 1870-1953BiographyLetter to Father Ryan from England, Oct. 18, 1934
4. Chesterton, Gilbert Keith 1874-1936Biography
5. Curtayne, Alice, 1898-BiographyLetter to Father Ryan from Tralee, Oct. 17, 1934
6. Gill, EricBiographyNote to Father Ryan from High Wycombe, Oct. 29, 19342 pages of manuscript with heading "Appendix"
7. Hallack, Cecily, 1898-1938BiographyLetter to Father Ryan from Sussex, Oct. 27, 1934
8. Hollis, Christopher, 1902-1977BiographyLetter to Father Ryan from Stoneyhurst, Oct. 18, n.y.
9. Knox, Ronald, 1888-1957BiographyNote to Father Ryan from Oxford, Jan. 11, 1935
10. Leslie, Shane, 1881-1971Biography
11. Maritain, Jacques, 1882-1973BiographyLetter to Father Ryan written on Cunard liner Aquitania, mailed at Southampton, Nov. 16, 1934
12. Maynard, Theodore, 1890-1956BiographyNote to Father Ryan, postmarked Emmitsburg, Md., Oct. 16, 1934
13. Patmore, Coventry, 1823-1896Biography
14. Reilly, Joseph John, 1881-1951BiographyNote to Father Ryan from Hunter College, New York, Oct. 23, 1934
15. Sargent, Daniel, 1890-BiographyLetter to Father Ryan from South Natick, Mass. Oct. 27, 1934
16. Walsh, James Joseph, 1865-1942BiographyLetter to Father Ryan from New York, Nov. 13, 1934
17. Watkins, Edward Ingram, 1888-BiographyLetter to Father Ryan from Norfolk, England, n.d.Essay on Coventry Patmore
18. Waugh, Evelyn, 1903-1966Note to Father Ryan from Devon, England, n.d.
19. Empty envelopes addressed to Father Ryan; letter from Sarah J. Bloom, Miss Cather's secretary; unsigned note saying that Mr. Chesterton's photograph was sent as requested.
back to top
© 2012 Loyola Marymount University