Most items borrowed from the William H. Hannon Library can be renewed online. Any item that can be renewed in person, can be renewed online. If you have any problems or questions about online renewal, please contact the Circulation Desk at (310) 338-5709.
Overdue items and items that have been recalled by another patron.
- Interlibrary loan items can only be renewed with the approval of the originating library
- The popular Reading Collection books may only renewed once (for a one week renewal period)
- Link+ books: renewing online is considered a request to renew. Please be sure to check back a little later to see if the renewal you requested was approved. Link+ books can only be renewed one time (a two week renewal period)
Number of Renewals Available
|Type of borrower||# of renewals||Renewal length|
|Undergraduate||2 per item||2 weeks|
|Graduate student||2 per item||2 weeks|
|Doctoral student||2 per item||academic year|
|Faculty, full-time||2 per item||academic year|
|Faculty, part-time||1 per item||semester|
|Staff (administrative & professional)||2 per item||academic year|
|Staff (office & technical)||2 per item||semester
Instructions for Online Renewal
1. To renew your library items, go to My library record (from the Hannon Library website, you can find this option from the Quick Links menu).
2. You will be prompted to enter your name and the library number from the back of your OneCard, just above the barcode.
3. You will be able to see the list of items you have checked out, or recalled.
4. You can Renew all or Renew selected items.
5. If you could not renew online:
- If there is a recall on this item, you cannot renew it. You must return the item by the due date.
- If the item is already overdue, you cannot renew it. You must pay the fine(s) you owe and then you can renew it.
- Did you get a message that says “too soon to renew"? The due date is too far away to renew it.
- Your patron record may have expired. You can review your library record and check the expiration date. As a policy, all our student records expire at the end of each semester, and then are reactivated at the beginning of the next semester in which the student is enrolled. This policy ensures that all students return their items at the end of the semester. If you are a student needing to renew an item to use after the semester ends, please bring the item into the library, explain your situation, and we can discuss renewing the item for you.
- Keep in mind that outstanding fines and overdue books may prevent you from renewing books online.
Guidelines for Online Renewals
- Renew your books several days before they are due, in case any of them cannot be renewed.
- Always check your library record after performing a remote renewal. Make sure that all of the books you tried to renew were properly renewed! You can check your record online at My library record, or call or stop by Circulation.
- Always print a copy of your renewed books or record the new due date for each book on the date due slip, or self-check receipt.
- If for any reason a book cannot be renewed remotely, please bring it back on or before its due date.
- If remote renewal services are unavailable, try again later or bring the books to the Circulation Desk to renew them in person.