Individual Study Space Reservations
Making a Reservation
The library is currently open for study space, computer use, and browsing to members of the LMU community with campus access. Library doors are restricted to OneCard access only.
- LMU community members with campus access may sign up for advance reservations using the online reservation page.
- Loyola Law School students do not automatically have campus access - please contact Kathryn Ryan so that we can help arrange campus access first (allow 3 business days for processing).
Visit Online Library Resources and Updates to learn how to access library resources online and get virtual support with your research. LMU students, faculty, and staff can also request physical books for pickup at the library or via mail within the United States.
- Please wear a mask at all times while in the library, based on LA County Health Order for indoor spaces. You may remove your mask to eat or drink outside on the cafe patio.
- If you are sick or under quarantine, please do not come to campus or the library. You may cancel any existing reservation online.
- Bring your OneCard in order to access the building. If you do not have an active OneCard, please visit the OneCard office during their open hours of service to get a new one.
- Plan to bring your own laptops, study materials, pens, and headphones for use during your time in the library. We do not have these available for lending.
- Back-to-back reservations are allowed, including reservations for multiple spaces if needed.
- Reservation spots will be made available in the system two weeks in advance.
Who is eligible to reserve a study space at the library?
For Summer 2021, library access is limited to students enrolled in Summer or Fall, faculty, and staff. Users must be cleared for campus access in advance of their visit to the library, library reservations do not automatically grant campus access. Please visit this page for more details about access.
Can I pick where I want to study?
You will be able to select the space you wish to use in advance. If there are issues with your reserved space when you arrive, please stop by the front kiosk to ask for an alternative location.
Can I make a reservation for a friend?
If you will be entering the library with your friend, you are welcome to make a reservation in your name. To make check in easy, check in with the name the reservation is under.
Can I make a reservation with a friend?
You are welcome to make a reservation with others. If everyone in your group is not fully vaccinated, those who are not yet vaccinated must wear masks in accordance with campus and county protocol.
How long can I make a reservation for?
Each study space reservation is for three hours and fifteen minutes, and computers are for one hour. Users may also make back to back reservations to extend their study time.
How far in advance can I make a reservation?
Reservations open up two weeks out. Those with campus access are welcome to reserve a study space for anytime more than half an hour prior to our library closing.
What do I need to bring with me when I show up for my reservation?
- Your OneCard
- Everything you need to study. We do not have office supplies, chargers, or other peripherals available for loan or use at this time.
What happens if I check in late for my reservation?
The space is yours for the duration of your reserved time, regardless of when you check in.
Will I be able to look for or check out a book in the library while I'm there?
Yes - if the book is on the shelves on Level 2 or 3. You may browse the books in these areas, and if you find what you need you can follow the instructions posted to use one of the self-checkout machines located on Level 1 or 2.
If you take books off the shelves that you do not check out, you may leave them in the designated locations in the study wedges for reshelving.
We are not currently able to page library materials from the basement on the same day as your visit. We encourage you to continue to take advantage of requesting books online in order to ensure that you can get the print books that you need, when you need them.
Can I pick up materials that I reserved online at the library?
Yes, all pickup requests will be available for pick up at the library's entrance kiosk. The Circulation Desk will reopen on August 9, at which time we will expand Circulation services to include equipment and basement requesting.
Can I get research help while I'm in the library?
Not in person. However, you can always connect with a librarian by setting up a virtual research consultation or using our 24-7 chat help.
Can I eat or drink while studying?
Due to the recent 7/16 County Health Order, everyone must keep their masks on while in the library. Please leave the library to eat or drink - you may use the tables outside the cafe on the patio.