Library Visitor Computer Access
Information Commons Computers
LMU students, faculty, and staff have priority access to library computers. Visitors who fall into one of the categories below may use Information Commons computers when they are not being used by members of the LMU community:
- Resident of these three area codes: 90045, 90094, or 90293 (proof of address required)
- Students, faculty, and staff of Loyola Law School (current ID required)
- An alumnus or alumna of Loyola Marymount University (OneCard required)
- A student, faculty, or staff member from another college/university (current school ID required)
- A student, faculty, or staff member from one of schools in the LMU Family of Schools (current school ID required)
- Anyone with a borrower’s card, including spouses and children of LMU faculty and staff, and students from high schools that have a borrowing contract with the LMU library
- Attendees of LMU Summer Conference Groups. Children younger than high school age will not be issued a login. Computer access may be provided to these students by their instructor. (LMU Conference ID required)
To use computers you must request a guest login:
- Bring a valid photo ID (and appropriate ID/proof of address as listed above).
- Go to the Information Commons Desk and request a guest login.
- Complete the online application and agree to the Guest Login Policy and Terms.
- Put the card with your user name/password information in a safe place where you can access it whenever you visit the library. This belongs to you alone, and will work until two weeks before the end of each semester. (You will need to apply for a new card at the beginning of each semester.)
- Please note that we cannot provide assistance to visitors on the use of technology in the library beyond the most basic level. Visitors take all responsibility for personal hardware and software devices. Visitors are limited to minimal assistance from library staff at the Information Desk.
The library has public computers available on all floors for searching the library's resources, i.e. the online catalog, resources owned by LMU, and licensed electronic databases. Guests are prohibited from using these computers for recreational, commercial, or profit-making purposes. These computers are for short-term use only (15 minutes).
Wireless is available to all guests with their own laptops or tablets.