Information Desk @ the Library
COVID-19 Update: The library building is currently open for limited spaces and services to users with campus access only.
Go to our for more information about available services and spaces.
For additional assistance, see Get Help for our 24/7 virtual chat.
Contact Us: 310.338.2790
Location: Level 1
Normal desk hours:
- Monday through Thursday: 9:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.
- Friday: 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Saturday: 11:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Sunday: 11:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
Advanced research help from a librarian during the academic year (See Library Hours for exceptions):
- Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Advanced research help includes:
- Using the library catalog and research databases
- Finding books, articles, and other resources
- Discovering or refining a research topic
- Citation help
During our extended service hours, you can get help from our staff or student workers with*:
- Information Commons Computers
- Basic research assistance
*Restrictions: While LMU librarians will do their best to help with every patron's unique needs in the library and information commons, please be aware that reference staff do not interpret research, proofread student papers, answer homework or test questions, compile full bibliographies, recommend or aid in Internet purchases or legal/tax/medical advice, repair patrons' personal computers, or set passwords on personal computers. Staff members can help you locate information, but they cannot read it and interpret it for you. For help with tutoring and writing, contact the Academic Resource Center. For more in-depth computing questions, contact the ITS Service Desk.