Open & Affordable Textbook Initiative @ the Library
Faculty Select is a starting place for LMU faculty to discover and select open and affordable e-books for their courses through a single search. Search over 160,000 titles across all disciplines from LMU's collection of unlimited-user e-books, OER textbooks, and e-books available for library acquisition.
OER are teaching, learning, and research resources that are free of cost and access barriers for students, and which also carry legal permissions for open use. OER can:
- Increase equity - provides access for all students to the learning materials they need on day one (and also in the future)
- Offer faculty creativity and flexibility in course design (faculty have the ability to customize relevant and high quality content to align with unique teaching and learning outcomes)
- Create opportunities to engage students with content creation
- Support local and global access to teaching and learning as a social justice issue
- Reduce the cost of an LMU education for our students
email@example.com or 310.338.6010., Jamie Hazlitt at
The William H. Hannon Library is grateful to the Office of the Provost, the LMU Bookstore, the Academic Technology Committee, and the Center for Teaching Excellence for their support of this initiative.