Information Commons Computers
LMU students, faculty, and staff have priority access to library computers. Visitors who fall into one of the categories below may use the Information Commons computers when they are not being used by members of the LMU community:
- Residents of area codes 90045, 90094, or 90293 (proof of address required)
- Students, faculty, and staff of Loyola Law School (current ID required)
- An alumnus or alumna of Loyola Marymount University (OneCard required)
- A student, faculty, or staff member from another college/university (current school ID required)
- A student, faculty, or staff member from one of schools in the LMU Family of Schools (current school ID required)
- Anyone eligible for a borrower's card including spouses and children of LMU faculty and staff, and students from high schools that have a borrowing contract with the LMU library
- Attendees of LMU Summer Conference Groups (LMU Conference ID required)
- Children younger than high school age will not be issued a login. Computer access may be provided to these students by their instructor.
To use the library computers you must request a guest login:
- Bring a valid photo ID (and appropriate ID/proof of address as listed above).
- Go to the Information Desk and request a guest login.
- Complete the online application form and agree to the Guest Login Policy and Terms.
- Keep your guest login information card in a safe place where you can access it whenever you visit the library. This belongs to you alone, and will work until two weeks before the end of each semester. (You will need to apply for a new card at the beginning of each semester.)
- Please note that the Information Desk staff cannot provide advanced technical assistance to visitors.
Public computers are located on all floors of the library. Guests may use these computers to search the library's online catalog and electronic databases. These computers are for short-term use only and has a 15-minute limit. Guests are prohibited from using these computers for recreational, commercial, or profit-making purposes.
Wireless access is available to all guests with their own laptops or tablets.