During the first few weeks of the semester, processing may be delayed so please plan ahead. Reserve requests should be received at least 10 working days (2 weeks) in advance of student needs.
All items will be available per semester. A separate request form is required for each course.
Library owned items will be returned to the library’s shelves.
Personal items will be returned at the end of the semester.
Submissions must include the information in the form below or we cannot guarantee processing.
If the library does not own the book(s) that you are requesting, you may request it by using the Request A Book Form. Additionally, if you are requesting a film that we do not own, please use the Media Request Form. If it fits the parameters of our collection development policy, we will do our best to purchase it as soon as possible for your course reserves. We will be in touch with you regarding the availability of this item.
Library Reserve Policy
- One chapter, per book or no more than 10% of the book (if protected by copyright)
- One article per journal issue
- 15 items maximum for items that need copyright permission (articles from electronic databases are not included)
- All photocopied submissions must include the full citation
- By submitting this form you are agreeing to abide by the Library Reserves Policy and the copyright laws of the United States. Any items that are scanned and uploaded to Brightspace pages by the instructor are the responsibility of the instructor.
- The limit for copyright fees is $200 total for each permission granted for reserves use.
- Please use one online form per class unless your request has more than 8 items.
- Place personal copies at your own risk; the library is not responsible for any lost or damaged personal items.
Need additional information? Contact Reserves Supervisor Zakiya Hasan or via phone at 310.338.6090