Reserve requests should be received at least 10 working days (2 weeks) in advance of student needs. During the first few weeks of the semester, processing may be delayed – plan ahead.
A separate request form is required for each course.
Library staff will retrieve books from the library’s collection – faculty will be notified of any delay. Please note that we cannot place Link+ books on Reserve, however, an individual chapter from a Link+ book may be scanned and posted on Brightspace.
All items will be available per semester; personal items will be returned at the end of the semester.
If photocopies are being submitted for items which are not in the library, please begin each item’s citation with “COPY WILL BE PROVIDED”.
Electronic files may be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submissions must include the information in the form below or we cannot guarantee processing. We will accept most of the usual formats (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.)
If the library does not own the book(s) that you are requesting and it fits the parameters of our collection development policy, we will do our best to purchase it as soon as possible for your course reserves. We will be in touch with you regarding the availability of this item.
By submitting this form you are agreeing to abide by the Library Reserves policy and the copyright laws of the United States. Any items that are scanned and uploaded to Brightspace pages by the instructor are the responsibility of the instructor.
Library Reserve Policy
- One chapter, per book or no more than 10% of the book (if protected by copyright)
- One article per journal issue
- 15 items maximum for items that need copyright permission (articles from electronic databases are not included)
- The limit for copyright fees is $200 total for each permission granted for reserves use.
- Please use one online form per class unless your request has more than 8 items.