Reserves @ the Library
Print Reserves are checked out at the Circulation Desk on Level 1 in the library. Unless otherwise noted, items on reserve are to be used within the library building only.
Placing Materials on Reserve
- Electronic Reserves: Reserves staff will upload articles, book excerpts, audio, and video clips on Brightspace.
- Print Reserves: The following physical items may be placed on reserve: books, videos, and CDs from the library's collection or the faculty member's personal collection.
- The loan period of reserve items varies, but is generally one hour, three hours, one day, or three days. For most items, including personal faculty items, we suggest three hour reserve. To place physical materials on reserve, please use the Reserves Request form.
- Library staff will retrieve books from the library's collection. Faculty members will be notified of any delay.
- If the library has, or can acquire, a multi-user e-book copy of the title(s), we will add this item to your Course Reserves in Brightspace. Learn more about our Course Adopted Texts Ebook Initiative.
- If the library does not own the item you want to place on reserve, please use the Request a Book form and indicate that you want the book on reserve. If it fits the parameters of our collection development policy, we will do our best to purchase it as soon as possible for your course reserves. We will be in touch with you regarding the availability of this item.
- Books requested through LINK+ or Interlibrary Loan cannot be placed on reserve. However, a limited amount of material from non-LMU books can be scanned and posted online in the student course pages.
For questions about copyright, view the library's Copyright Policy.
Need additional information? Contact Reserves Supervisor Zakiya Hasan or via phone at 310.338.6090